The British Junior Golf Tour regards good Health and Safety practice as a vital part of its business.
It is therefore BJGT policy for management, and employees, at all levels, to do all that is reasonably practicable, to attain the highest level of Health and Safety. Our aim is to prevent injury, and protect from any foreseeable harm all staff and members of the general public, who come into contact with the BJGT and any of its undertakings.
The Management has a responsibility to:
- Utilise the Health & Safety Policy of each host venue.
- Provide and maintain a safe place and systems of work, without risk to health and safety, as far a reasonably practicable, taking into account any statutory requirements.
- Ensure that all employees are adequately trained and informed before commencing work.
- Provide training, information and supervision to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently.
- Investigate all accidents to identify the root cause and to ensure that lessons are learned to avoid further accidents.
- Review health and safety systems every 12 months to ensure they continue to work effectively.
- Ensure that the same standard of health and safety is provided to other persons who may be affected by our events.
Employees have a duty to co-operate with the management in the operation of the policy by:
- Working safely and efficiently not endangering their own or others safety.
- Reporting incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damage.
- Reporting of defective equipment and unsafe situations.
- Adhering to work practice procedures.
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence.