Competition number four of the 2018 season with the British Junior Golf Tour is taking place at Cumberwell Park Golf Club.
Please ensure that you check the link again prior to the event on Sunday 22nd April, as there may be updates to the start sheet.
Please register and collect your scorecard at the event desk, at least 45 minutes before your start time; this will be located in the clubhouse.
This is to be undertaken on the driving range, putting green or practice facilities that the club may have. Players are not allowed to warm up on the course before the event.
Please make sure that you are on the putting green at least 15 minutes before your start time, then at the tee at least 10 minutes prior to your start time to meet your partners, exchange scorecards and get any final instructions. You should make sure that you watch the group ahead of you tee off, then make yourself known to the starter.
Pace of Play:
Speed of play will be vital, please make sure you are ready to play when it is your turn, hole out where possible and walk quickly between holes.
Please make sure that you are keeping up with the group in front; if you fall behind, call the group behind you through, at the earliest available time. Unless there is a mitigating circumstance, i.e. a ruling is required (in which case the group behind should be called through), slow play will be monitored and penalised in the usual way.
This should be done on your scorecard as normal; the live scoring device will not be a record of your score.
Players are permitted one caddie to assist them on the course; they are there to help with pace of play by carrying the bag, handing clubs and raking bunkers, etc. A caddie will be wearing a caddie bib collected from the BJGT team at the start of the day, and they will need to return their caddie bib at the end of play. Over-coaching is not permitted, lining up is not permitted and NO assistance may be given on the green. Caddies are to stay off the greens at all times.
All events are played using standard R&A strokeplay rules.
6&Under and 7-8 age groups have the following ‘Academy Rules‘; these are designed to keep the game fun, to stop younger players becoming demoralised and keep play moving:
- 10-Shot maximum per hole
- After 3 failed shots to escape a bunker, players may take a free drop to the side of the hazard, only counting the 3 failed shots.
- All water hazards are considered ‘Lateral’, so take a penalty drop to the side of the hazard where possible, but should a stream cross the hole, a drop may be taken on the other side of the hazard (meaning players don’t have to hit over the water a second time).
- Out of Bounds is considered a ‘Lateral Hazard’, so drop a ball back in play 2 club lengths from where the original shot crossed the boundary, with a 1-shot penalty.
- Caddies may help tee the ball up when playing from the tee and mark the ball on the greens; it is hoped that players will learn these skills as they play on the Tour.
Distance Measuring Devices:
Range finders and GPS devices are allowed, as long as they measure distance only.
People may watch you on the way round, but they should keep off the fairways and be ahead of the group that they are watching; this will ensure that they are not in danger of being hit by, or holding up, the group behind.
After Your Round:
Please do not sign your card until you are at the scoring desk and have agreed scores with the official; we don’t want anyone signing for an incorrect score, so we will make sure that the computer agrees with your adding up.
Parents, players and friends will have the option to purchase meals in the clubhouse throughout the day.
This will take place in the clubhouse following the conclusion of play in each category.
Live scoring will be used at a number of events throughout 2018.The system is designed to enhance the players experience playing on the BJGT, but please be aware this is still a trial run, so please bear with us if there are any teething problems.
Pace of play will be vitally important on Sunday, to ensure that everyone gets round before dark, so we hope that the live scoring doesn’t slow play down.
Each group will have one handheld device for entering their group’s score after each hole; this should done by an adult in each group, and viewing the leaderboard should only be done when it doesn’t cause any delay.
Your handset will be given to one player or caddy in your group at registration, who will receive instructions on how to use the handset.
Please Note: This system does not replace your scorecard!
- The Handset will already be logged in to the system and you will see the players in your group on the screen, along with the hole and current score.
- The bottom button on the right side of the handset will turn the screen back on, then swipe up to return to the scoring page.
- After each hole enter the scores for each player into the relevant box and click ‘Next’ this will then move you on to the next hole and update your score on the leaderboard.
- All leaderboard scores will be gross score, for both 9 and 18 hole competitions.
- Click the ‘Leaderboard’ button to view at any point to view, then the small ‘x’ button in the top right corner to return to the scoring.
- If you should get an empty box with an ‘OK’ button appear at any point, just click ‘OK’ and it will disappear.
- If for any reason the handset logs out, just click the only icon on the home screen and this will re-enter the system. You will be given a unique id. no. for your group and a password (this will be on the back of your handset), simply enter these on the login screen and you will return to the system.
Here is a table for rough course lengths:
The tees for the 6/under and 7-8 will be put out on the course the morning of the tournament.
|Hole||Par||Black, 7-8||Blue, 6/Under|
The 9 hole categories will be playing the Red course, with the 18 hole players playing the Red and Orange courses.
Cumberwell Park Par 3
As most of you will be aware, we are holding a fun Parent/Junior Pairs Par 3 competition the evening before the event, on Saturday 21st April.
Face the famous signature island green!
Shotgun Start at 4pm, Texas Scramble, varying tees, Top 3 places & N.T.P. prize.
Please respond to your email if you would like to take part.